Mould (also known as mold, mildew) is a type of fungi which is common in households.
Also known as black mold, toxic black mold or Stachybotrys Chartarum. This mold may cause human disease through irritation, hypersensitivity or the production of toxins. A variety of respiratory, dermatological, eye and constitutional symptoms have been associated with prolonged exposure to Strachybotrys Chartarum (toxic black mold).
"Pulmonary Haemorrhage", affecting children of all ages, has been associated with the presence of Strachybotrys Chartarum.
It is spread via spores and once it finds favourable conditions it can form colonies. Mould loves to grow in dark and damp places – which makes bathrooms and cupboards ideal.
The bathroom ceiling is normally the most affected area, as hot air and steam rises to the top. Builders do not use the correct paint for bathroom ceilings. They mostly use cheap "Contractors PVA", which is porous and an ideal breading place for mould.
We can solve the problem by removing the mould and to repaint the ceiling with a mould resistant paint. Secondly, we can install an extractor fan to get rid of the steam in your bathroom.
Please contact us for more information or a quotation
Contact: Tom le Grange